Willie Velasquez Benefit Dinner 2017
Friday, May 12, 2017 - San Antonio, Texas
6:00 PM Reception/7:00 PM Program
Southwest Voter Registration Education Project (SVREP) invites you to sponsor the Willie Velásquez Benefit Dinner to support SVREP’s nonpartisan efforts.
Proceeds from the dinner provide resources to conduct nonpartisan efforts to enhance, protect and expand the Latino vote. This year SVREP will work to:
- Increase the number of High School Districts in Texas to partner with SVREP to celebrate the Willie Velásquez Day on May 9th by registering all eligible students
- Expand voter registration efforts to included urban, suburbia, rural communities
- Mobilize the Latino vote in preparation for the local May elections and prepare for the 2018 elections
- Conduct Organizer and Candidate Training sessions
- Protect the Vote and work with state legislatures to pass laws that promote and strengthen America’s democracy and fight any efforts that dilute or suppress the Latino and other ethnic vote
- Fight the Border Wall
- Find alternative solutions to election reform
- Construct the Willie Velásquez Monument
Sponsorship opportunities are available for the Willie Velásquez Benefit Dinner. Sponsorships are tax-deductible and will only be used to conduct nonpartisan efforts. For For sponsorship opportunities contact Lydia Camarillo, SVREP Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 210-922-0225.
You can also reserve your table of 10 or buy individual tickets online.
SVREP is a national 501(c3) nonpartisan, nonprofit organization committed to empowering the Latino community through the Vote. Donations and sponsorships to SVREP are tax-deductible.
SVREP renamed its annual Latino Vote Benefit Dinner to Willie Velasquez Benefit Dinner in honor of its founder following the passage and signing of HB3209 – naming May 9th the William C. Velasquez Day. HB3209 passed during the 2013 legislative session, signed by Governor Perry in September of the same year.
National Administrative Office
320 El Paso Street
San Antonio, Texas 78207
Phone: (210) 922-0225
Fax: (210) 932-4055
California Regional Office
2914 N. Main St. 1st Floor, Suite B
Los Angeles, CA 90031